- >>Search All Programs
- Big Data Analytics
- Brand Management
- Business Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Corporate Finance
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Management
- Executive MBA
- Forensic Accounting
- General Business Management
- Healthcare Administration
- Healthcare Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Information Systems
- Leadership Management
- Information Management
- Marketing & Advertising
- Non-Profit Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Risk Management
- Sports Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Social Entreprenuership
- Technology Management
- Quantitative Analysis
33+ Online Master’s in Finance Degree Programs
Online MBA: GMAT Waivers Available
Online MBA: No GMAT Required
University of North Carolina
#1-Ranked Online MBA: Two years of work experience required
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
University of Dayton
Online MBA: Complete in as few as 12-15 Months
University of Denver
Online MBA: GMAT Waivers Available
Johns Hopkins University Carey School of Business
Online Master of Business Administration
Online Master of Business Administration
Online Master of Business Administration
George Mason University
Online Master of Business Administration
The finance component of all businesses and industry plays a vital role in the success and growth of that unit. By using the various tools and reports generated to maintain the strength of the business, finance professionals become uniquely able to see problems and assess possible scenarios for improvement.
For current working professionals with bachelor-level degrees, a master-level degree and the skills that come with it, can be just the thing to help prepare them for advanced leadership position in the business world. A thorough education, like the one a master’s degree provides, enables graduates to analyze and investigate the performance of organizations in any sort of enterprise. This makes those very graduates more appealing to prospective recruiters and hiring professionals.
The single most comprehensive list of Masters in Finance degree programs anywhere online!
- Online MBA in Accounting & Finance Self-Designed – Capella University –With this online self-designed MBA degree, you have the freedom to choose courses that build the skills to help you take control of your career. Master traditional business disciplines such as accounting, finance, marketing, operations, strategy, and data storytelling, and tailor your elective courses to fit your professional goals. Choose from any eligible Capella graduate-level course, including IT, project management, psychology, health care, and more.
- Master of Business Administration in Corporate Finance – Walden University – They offer this program that requires 36 total semester hours. The specialization in corporate finance indicates that in addition to the skills to make the graduate proficient in all types of financial assessment, analysis, and management, they will also receive advanced training in all areas of business administration. This program also provides extra opportunities, like field study and study abroad. Most programs designed for working professionals do not offer these bonuses, but this program does.
- Master of Business Administration in Financial Management – Northcentral University – For the driven business professional, the Northcentral University allows for a one year completion on their fast track MBA program. The time commitment is to devote 30-35 hours per week to successfully keep on schedule for this program. The financial focus of this degree program will enrich the business experience of the student with a thorough study of all aspects of finance, in both financial and non-financial organizations. Financial tools and markets are explored, as well as internal balance sheets and portfolio investment risk assessments.
- Master of Business Administration in Finance – American Intercontinental University – The master-level program at American Intercontinental University aims to give a global perspective to the financial component of all organizations and industries. By understand the impact that financial decisions has on a larger scale, then better concepts of risk and reward will lead to more thoughtful, better financial solutions for the future. The teachers in these courses, will help to coordinate their own knowledge and experience of the industry with the backgrounds of all of the students through the use of the online classroom technology implemented for the program.
- Master of Science in Finance – Kaplan University – Rather than being a specialization of a larger business degree, this program at Kaplan University focuses strictly on finance issues. It provides the opportunity for more in depth study of the individual components of the financial markets. Students can choose between the financial analysis and financial planning paths under this program. The degree requires 52 total program credits, and really involves very detailed investigation of every financial subject.
- Master of Business Administration in Financial Analysis – Jones international University – Jones International University offers a degree program that provides very specific instruction in the area of financial analysis. This is very helpful to business professionals that seek to enter into leadership positions within the financial analysis field, or for those looking to become consultants. The use of these skills will provide the graduate with the ability to investigate and determine the strength of a given business unit, as well as assess where there are inefficiencies that can be improved.
- Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis on Finance: This program includes both specific training in finance and also big picture emphasis on all of the business part of organizations. Grand Canyon University has created this program to give future business leaders the comfort in dealing with emerging technologies and integrate their use into the best way to advance the performance of the entity they are interested in improving. The use of modern classroom technologies aids them in generating that familiarity in using these devices. The program is made up of 54 required credit required for graduation.
- Master of Business Administration with Finance Concentration – Post University – Post University and their Malcolm Baldridge School of Business designed this program to give the opportunity to those people working in the finance industry who are interested in advancing their careers, but need to maintain their current employment situation. This is what makes the online aspect of the program so desirable to current working professionals. The coursework includes lecture formats as well as group discussion-led material designed to bring together the thoughts and ideas of the diverse student population, which leads to a whole other level of teaching and interaction. The average time required to complete this program is 23 months.
- Master of Accounting and Financial Management – DeVry University – This DeVry University online program includes the option to focus on finance, certified public accounting (CPA), or certified fraud examiner (CFE). This is designed for people whose backgrounds are outside of finance, but look to enter the financial industry. The finance component looks into mergers and acquisitions, securities, and financial planning.
- Master of Science in Security Analysis and Portfolio Management – Creighton University – Creighton University offers this degree program for individuals interested in advanced positions in the financial markets. By investigating the way that investments, securities, and portfolios can be managed, these skills will be developed. The program is intentionally practitioner focused, relying more on the practices and techniques that real professionals use in their jobs every day. That means less about theories and ideals, more about concrete details.
- Master of Business Administration with Concentration in Finance: This broad degree program at Drexel University covers all areas of finance while also developing an all-around knowledge of the business component as well. This 24 month program uses group teaching methods, creating a learning team that learns and develops together through the course of the program. Additionally, there is a Flexi-core option that allows students to take classes from LeBow’s 5 Centers of Excellence, which relate to using the skills of the business degree, but focuses on leadership and executive level processes.
- Master of Science in Finance – American University – American University offers a program that focuses on the financial component of business especially. Thoroughly studying and learning skills and techniques used to financial practitioners will provide opportunities to see the importance of the financial professional in organizations. This is a 33 credit hour program that takes one year to complete if done full-time, or two years if attended part-time.
- Master of Science in Finance – West Virginia University – For people looking to get into advanced positions within the financial markets, then West Virginia University has this program tailored for them in particular. This twelve month program begins as an online course in the summer and concludes the following summer with the completion of an internship. For interested students, the option to complete an MBA at the same time as this MS degree is available. This would provide more specific finance training than just an MBA with a finance concentration, but also develop the business administration skills that would not be part of a specifically finance-focused degree.
- Master of Business Administration with Concentration in Finance –Trident University– teaches the global context in all of its courses in this degree program. Making this coursework convenient and relevant to current working professionals is a driving goal of the curriculum design. Nearly all students complete this part-time program on the 30 month time frame it is developed. That is made up of eight core MBA courses and four elective courses related to finance, in the areas that target the skills each student is wanting to receive specialized skills and training.
- Master of Finance – Penn State University – Known for providing top notch education in the business profession, they make sure that their Master of Finance degree maintains that reputation. As with other similar programs, Penn State uses the cohort model, which forms incoming students into small team that function as workgroups during the entire degree completion. This provides the sharing of perspectives that most people believe can only happen in a campus classroom setting. Successful graduates should be well prepared for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification.
- Master of Science in Finance – University of Colorado at Denver – There are four specializations that students can choose from when entering the graduate program. They can do economics, risk management and insurance, financial analysis and management, and financial and commodities risk management. Besides offering these options for fine tuning their skills to their interests, the school also has a J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities, that is a pioneering research department teaching the many aspects of the commodities market.
- Master of Science in Finance – Southern New Hampshire University – For students of this program, there are two options for concentrations to match the career interests you have, corporate finance, or investments and securities. The degree can be received in as little as 18 months, when done at the rate of two classes for each 11-week period. For people interested in the CFA exam, completion of the course requirements of this program with an additional test prep course will be the information necessary to take the exam.
- Master of Science in Finance – Northeastern University – This intensive course is a 16-month curriculum and has been designed with current working finance professionals interested in career advancement opportunities. This includes 30 credit hours made up of 18 hours of core classes and 12 hours of elective classes that can be chosen based on individual interests. All courses utilize updated internet technologies in order to bring the most classroom like learning experience to this online program. It values the interactions that students have with each other as well with their teachers in order to bring together all experiences and perspectives.
- Master of Science in Finance – University of Michigan – The program offered requires an undergraduate degree, but it does not need to be in business or finance to be accepted. They allow as many as 6 credit hours to be waived depending on previous completed coursework. Additionally, there is an option to have another 3 credits that can be used for a business internship, if in relevant position.
- Master of Business Administration in Finance – Florida Tech University – Rather than a degree specific to the study of finance, this degree gives a broad education to all of the fields of business, as well as management and leadership. As part of that degree, this program allows for a concentration in finance, where elective courses as chosen to bring specific expertise in the studies of finance. The curriculum uses a case method framework for learning, which gives students the opportunity to investigate real business situations and determine the best decisions for resolution.
- Master of Science in Finance – Indiana University – This widely respected business school has added online programs designed and taught by the same people that run their on-campus business school. The 30-credit program will investigate all areas of finance, and prepare each graduate for employment in the many areas of the finance field. They will bring strong skills to their future career positions and demonstrate this through analysis and investigation to bring about real improvement to all areas of that organization. The program begins each fall and finishes after the following winter period.
- Master of Business Administration in Finance – Arizona State University – This 48-credit program is designed to be completed in two years. The courses are offered on a completely open timeframe, so is a great option for those people with current personal or professional time constraints that do not fit in easily to traditional college schedules. Each January and July the program starts a new group, and works on the basis of one class at a time, for 13 classes, and ends after 23 months. The cohort model is used, by creating small teams at the beginning of the program, and allowing them to learn together through graduation.
- Master of Science in Finance – Bellevue University – By realizing the importance of finance and financial related decision making within all firms, this degree program seeks to develop and refine these skills through their coursework. It includes value, risk, and strategy in ways that can improve decision making for the graduates to take into future employment situations at every level. This completely online degree program includes 36 credit hours of coursework.
- Master of Science in Banking and Financial Services – Northern State University – This degree was designed in 2012 to address the increased competition and regulation in the banking and financial services industries. It is for people interested in entering the finance field, but also for people currently working in the banking or finance industries that are interested in expanding their knowledge and expertise of the most modern theories and tools available to professionals in that field. The program is two years, and includes two classes at a time for each of three periods each year.
- Master of Business Administration in Finance – Benedictine University – The nature of the MBA degree gives all of the training in finance from a manager’s perspective. It will instruct in financial areas and how the reports and analysis generated from the financial departments of organizations can be utilized to benefit strategy and decision making. This degree covers cost analysis, planning, control, economics, and financial reporting. These areas will aid manager’s in being most familiar with and getting the most information out of, those financial reports.
- Master of Business Administration in Finance – Colorado Technical University – This degree program caters to the current professional working in the finance industry who is interested in taking on additional responsibility and leadership within their organization. The focus of this management program with a finance concentration is achieved by additional coursework in the areas of financial statement analysis, corporate portfolio management, financial management for multinational enterprises, and a capstone course where all learned knowledge is applied to a final project
- Master of Business Administration in Global Finance – Thunderbird School of Global Management – The global aspect of this degree program is where it is truly unique. Not only does it include a widely international range of students in the program, but also offers international business seminars as part of the program abroad, in places such as Africa, Asia, Europe, or Latin America. For students with a particular interest in international business and finance, this has significant appeal. The program includes two of these intensive one week international seminars. There are two options for degree completion, a 19-month and 28-month option. Except for the two international seminars, the program is available entirely online.
- Master of Science in Computational Finance and Risk Management – University of Washington – Specific to the needs of working professionals in finance fields, this degree aims to concentrate significant time and expertise on advanced quantitative competencies and future risk management skills. Focusing on the mathematical and statistical methods used to generate financial reports, real expert-level skills will be developed and applied.
- Master of Business Administration in Financial Management – California Southern University – CalSouthern has been involved in distance learning since 1978, and has used that experience to design a very convenient, effective education for those currently obligated either by job, family, or both. This completely online program can be worked into each student’s personal schedule, and can be worked as quickly or slowly as needed. In addition to the broad studies of the MBA, this financial management focus includes specific study in investments, institutions, corporate finance, capital markets, and behavioral corporate finance.
- Master of Science in Finance for Professionals – Pace University – This program is a unique format that is primarily online, but requires six weekend residencies, about eight weeks apart, at the campus in New York, through the year. This enables working professionals to maintain employment, yet meet for these innovative learning opportunities that differentiates this program from others. Since students are current working professionals, the skills in finance are refined, as well as tools that incorporate finance-related activities that can be used in management and executive positions, that many of the students aspire to one day attain.
- Master of Science in Banking and Financial Services Management – Boston University – In order to bring the best trained finance professionals to industry, this school program is designed to study and learn everything possible from the global financial crisis of 2008. By studying the concepts and decisions related to the failure of so many financial entities, they strive to prevent future repeated collapse. The study includes corporate finance, global markets, and the financial services industry. Completion of the degree requirements includes 12 online classes.
- Master of Business Administration in Banking and Financial Markets – Sam Houston State University – The cohort model, which divides all incoming students into teams that complete the degree together as a unit, is designed to be completed in two years. There is a required two-week residency at the beginning of each fall semester that takes place on the main campus in Texas. All other class requirements are done online. This program is designed for currently employed professionals with experience in the financial industry that are interested in advanced positions of management and leadership in financial organizations.
- Master of Science in Financial Management and Information Systems – University of Maryland University College – Combining traditional finance skills with the expertise that is increasingly important in the modern world, information systems, this degree offering will provide a lot of opportunities for current finance professionals. As computer systems become more and more involved in computation and generation of all aspects of business operations, being acutely aware of all aspects of those systems will create a strong skill set for future executives in the finance field. Knowing how they function and operate, as well as how to design systems to function more effectively in a given course of business can lead to drastic improvements in company performance.
- Master of Business Administration – Southern Adventist University – This university incorporates strong educational preparation and the ideals of a sound Christian business philosophy to help form high quality leaders of financial institutions in the future. For students with undergraduate degrees in finance or accounting, this program uses those generalized backgrounds and develops the specific skill set related to all areas of finance and finance management. By taking two courses each semester, a student can earn this 36 credit master’s degree in two years.