Online MBA MSN Dual Degree
Are you currently a RN Nurse? What can you do with a MBA MSN Dual Degree? The healthcare field is booming, and this is particularly the case in the field of nursing. It is anticipated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics that there will be a 25% increase in demand for nursing professionals in the next 10 years. Also, there is a great increase in demand in the health care sector for professionals with clinical experience who also have a strong understanding of business management principles.
You will need to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing and an active RN license to participate in these dual degree programs.
SEE ALSO: 28+ Online MBA/MPA Joint Degree Programs
As a RN, earning a dual MSN/MBA degree is a smart decision. Today, there are many strong online dual MSN/MBA programs from which you can choose. Some of the most highly recommended choices include:
- The University of Texas at Arlington: (Highly Recommended & 100% Online!) The purpose of this dual MSN/MBA is to prepare nursing leaders with a special blend of nursing, leadership and business management skills. After you graduate from this three year online program, you will be ready to assume leadership roles in many healthcare-related organizations, including hospitals, corporate offices and ambulatory care facilities.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing: (Highly Recommended & 100% Online!) With the Chamberlain MSN Executive Specialty Track program, you can then apply to DeVry’ University’s MBA program after you graduate with your MSN. You will only need to take eight classes instead of the normal 16 to earn your MBA. Classes that you will take in this dual degree, online program include Fundamental Nursing Concepts and Applications, Theoretical Basis for Advanced Nursing Practice, Healthcare Policy, Accounting and Finance, Applied Managerial Statistics, Managerial Finance, and Marketing Management.
- University of Phoenix: (Highly Recommended & 100% Online!) This MSN/MBA in Health Care Management will prepare you with the degree that you need to face today’s business challenges in a health care environment. This program with a special focus on health care management will deeply examine how healthcare organizations operate, and how you can apply advanced business concepts to a health care organization. You also will learn a great deal of advanced clinical nursing knowledge.
- St. Joseph’s College: This online university will provide you with a dual MSN/Leadership MBA. This is an ideal degree for the RN who wants to become a health care organization manager, director or nursing or even a chief nursing officer. Some of the basic nursing classes that you will take for your MSN include Conceptual Bases for Nursing, Nursing Informatics, Nursing Research, Nursing Leadership, Nursing Ethics and Policies, Politics and Change.
- Lynchburg College: This dual degree, online program is designed for the clinical nursing leader who wants to assume management or administrative positions of high importance in the healthcare field. This program can be completed mostly online with occasional campus visits. Classes include Nursing Theory, Global Health, Research and Evidence Based Practice, Advanced Patient Management, Leadership and Ethics, Business Foundations, and Marketing Management.
- Lamar University: Earning your dual MSN/MBA will provide you with advanced knowledge in nursing administration, business, finance, and the business managerial field. You can finish this dual degree program online in three years. Required classes include Theoretical Foundations, Nursing Research, Financial Accounting, Economics, Advanced Nursing Issues, Marketing Concepts, Planning and Organizing Healthcare, and Directing and Controlling Healthcare Delivery.